White Bean and Veggie Pot Pie
Our delicious pot pie features white beans and mixed veggies enrobed in a creamy homemade sauce and topped with a light cornbread crust. Serve this simple dish with fresh mixed greens or a spinach salad.
- Garlic Powder
- Great Northern Beans
- Mixed Vegetables
- Nutritional Yeast
- Onion Powder
- Vegetable Base
- Defrost 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven 400. Set out a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add bean/veggie mixture to skillet along with 2 cups water.
- Bring mixture to a bubble. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until carrots are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Empty cornstarch into a small bowl. Ad 1/4 cup water and stir to combine. Add to pot and simmer 5 more minutes or until filling has thickened. Pour filling into casserole dish.
- In a bowl combine the cornmeal/flour mixture with 3/4 cup non-dairy milk and 2 tablespoons oil of choice. Stir to combine then spoon the batter evenly over the filling.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
- White Wine