Cajun Black-Eyed Pea Cakes
These crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside cakes feature black-eyed peas, corn, onion, panko breadcrumbs, oats, and Cajun spices . They are delicious served atop a bed of salad greens and drizzled with our Lemon-Caper Remoulade .
- Black Eyed Peas
- Black Pepper
- Cajun Seasoning
- Lemon Juice
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Rolled Oats
- White Onions
- Defrost 24 hours in refrigerator .
- Heat 1 / 4 cup water in a large skillet over med / high heat . Add corn / pea mixture and cook until peas are soft, about 20 minutes .
- Allow mixture to cool in refrigerator for at least 10 minutes then transfer to a food processor . Add oatmeal mixture and process until well combined, but still chunky .
- Form mixture into six patties . Dredge patties in cornmeal and set aside .
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over med / high heat . Add patties and cook until golden, about 5 minutes per side . Serve over salad greens topped with remoulade .
- White Wine