Caribbean Quinoa Cakes with Mango Salsa
Quinoa, black beans, panko bread crumbs, and Caribbean seasonings are blended together, pan fried, and topped with a cool mango salsa featuring fresh red onion, sweet mango and crisp celery. Enjoy over fresh salad greens (not included).
- Black Beans
- Garlic Powder
- Lime Juice
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Red Onions
- Defrost 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Pour quinoa into a small sauce pan along with 1 cup of water. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
- Place cooked quinoa and bean mixture in a small bowl. Using a fork, mash beans/quinoa until well combined. Stir in panko breadcrumbs (almond meal for GF customers).
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil of choice in a nonstick skillet over medium/high heat. Form quinoa/bean mixture into four large patties or 8 small patties. Fry patties in oil until heated through and browned, about 5 minutes per side. Alternatively, you may bake the patties at 400 for 25-30 minutes, turning once.
- Empty mango salsa into a serving dish and stir.
- Serve cakes on a bed of lettuce topped with mango salsa.
- White Wine