Crispy Millet Cakes (GF)
These crispy cakes can be pan friend or baked. Your choice! Hearty millet, tender spinach, and sweet carrots are combined with garlic and spices and cooked to perfection. Top with our house made chutney vinaigrette.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
- Mango Chutney
- Olive Oil
- Defrost 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add millet to water and return to boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until grains are tender and water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil of choice in a large skillet over high heat. Add veggie mixture to skillet and cook until carrots are tender, about 5 minutes. Add cooked veggies to millet.
- Empty flax meal into a small bowl. Add 1/4 cup water and whisk together with a fork. Add flax to millet and veggies. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Form mixture into 8 patties and pan fry over med/high heat for 5 minutes per side in 2 tablespoons olive oil. Alternatively, bake at 350 for 25 minutes, turning once. Serve over fresh greens with our chutney vinaigrette.
- White Wine
- Red Wine