Curried Lentil Ragu (GF)
This dish features tender lentils, ripe tomatoes, and fresh spinach simmered in coriander, cumin, curry, and ginger. Onions and garlic round out the flavor profile of this dinner winner! Serve over brown rice (included).
- Brown Lentils
- Brown Rice
- Garlic Powder
- Vegetable Base
- Defrost 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Bring 2 quarts water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add lentils and return to boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until lentils are tender, about 40 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring 2 cups water to a boil in another saucepan. Add rice to water and return to boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until water is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, heat a large skillet over med/high heat. Add onion/tomato mixture to skillet and cook until onions have softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add cooked lentils to tomato mixture and heat through. If a thinner consistency is desired, add a bit more water. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve over brown rice.
- White Wine
- Red Wine