Kung Pao Tofu (GF)
Our Kung Pao Tofu is savory and sweet with just the right amount of heat. Tofu, onions, and garlic are pan fried and tossed in gluten-free soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and just a touch of Sriracha hot sauce. Serve over hot rice and top with chopped peanuts (included on the side).
- Brown Rice
- Brown Sugar
- Garlic Powder
- Sesame Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Defrost 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Carefully remove tofu from bag and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil of choice in a large nonstick skillet over med/high heat. Add tofu and cook until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring 2 cups water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add rice to water and return to boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until water is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Fluff rice with fork and set aside.
- Drain onions to remove excess water and add to skillet. Cook until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch, soy sauce mixture and 1/2 cup water. Whisk to combine. Add this mixture to onions and bring to a bubble. Reduce heat to low, add tofu and cook until sauce has thickened a bit. Top with peanuts and serve over rice.
- White Wine