Mexicali Quinoa (GF)
Protein-packed quinoa teams up with black beans, corn, chunky salsa, green chilies, and Mexican spices in this versatile dish. Enjoy it as is or use it as a topping for nachos or a filling for burritos! Serve topped with Dayia vegan cheese (included).
- Black Beans
- Chili Powder
- Daiya Vegan Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Green Chilis
- Lime Juice
- Onion Powder
- Defrost 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a small sauce pan. Add quinoa, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook 20 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over med/high heat. Add bean/corn mixture to skillet and cook until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Add cooked quinoa to skillet and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with Daiya vegan cheese (included). Other great toppings are vegan sour cream and sliced green onions (not included). Enjoy as is or use as a taco/burrito filling.
- Red Wine