Mexican Rice and Bean Casserole (GF)
Onions and garlic mingle with pinto beans, brown rice, corn, and salsa in this one dish wonder. If you love our Mexican-inspired meals, this one will become an instant favorite. Top with Daiya cheese (included) for a special treat!
- Brown Rice
- Chili Powder
- Daiya Vegan Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Green Chilis
- Pinto Beans
- Defrost 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly oil a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and set aside.
- Heat a large saucepan over med/high heat. Add rice, bean mixture, and 2 cups water to saucepan. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and carefully transfer mixture to baking dish.
- Cover pan with foil and bake 45 minutes or until rice is tender and water is absorbed.
- Remove from oven and top with Daiya cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.