Mushroom Barley Soup
This hearty one pot wonder is chock full of veggies including carrots, celery, onions, potatoes, and mushrooms! Fiber-rich barley fills you up and seasonings like dill, thyme, and parsley make this dish a taste sensation!
- Bay Leaf
- Dried Dill
- Vegetable Base
- Defrost 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Heat a soup pot over high heat.
- Add veggie mixture to pot along with 6 cups of water.
- Bring soup to a boil and add barley (GF quinoa) to pot.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and continue to simmer until barley is tender, about 30-40 minutes (20 minutes for quinoa).
- Add additional water if the soup becomes too thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- White Wine