Panko Crusted Tofu Strips
The kid in you will love this dish! A veganized version of chicken strips, this grown up (but still kid-friendly) dish is sure to please the whole family. Serve with baked sweet potatoes and steamed green beans with a squeeze of fresh lemon (not included).
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Maple Syrup
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Defrost 24 hours in refrigerator. Run packaged tofu under cool water until completed defrosted.
- Cut each block of tofu width-wise into 8 slabs for a total of 16 slabs.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat 1-2 tablespoons oil over med/high heat.
- Pour 1 cup soy milk or milk of choice (not included) into a dish.
- Pour bread crumbs into another dish.
- Dip tofu into soy milk then dip in bread crumbs.
- Add tofu to hot oil and cook in batches until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve with maple-mustard dipping sauce. Great with a baked sweet potato and steamed broccoli!
- White Wine