Pasta with Creamy Cannellini Sauce
In this divine dish, al dente penne pasta is tossed in a garlicky tomato sauce with Italian herbs and tender cannellini beans. The sauce may be pureed in a food processor (optional) for extra creamy goodness!
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Great Northern Beans
- Defrost 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Bring 2 quarts water to a boil in a large pot. Add pasta to pot and cook 8-10 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil of choice in a large skillet over med/high heat. Add onions to skillet and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato/bean mixture to skillet and bring to a bubble over med/high heat. Add a bit of water if a thinner sauce is desired. Simmer 15 minutes to allow flavors to meld. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- The pasta may now be tossed with the sauce and served. Alternatively, you may puree the sauce in a food processor for a smooth, creamy sauce before adding pasta. Both options are delicious. Serve with a side salad and red wine!
- White Wine