Smoky Red Lentils (GF)
Creamy red lentils and tender brown rice are simmered in vegetable broth with onions, carrots, celery, and cauliflower. We season this hearty and healthy dish with cumin, parsley, coriander, and smoked paprika. Serve with a simple salad or a side of steamed spinach.
- Brown Rice
- Chili Powder
- Red Lentils
- Smoked Paprika
- Vegetable Base
- Defrost 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Heat a large, high sided skillet over med/high heat. Add contents of veggie bag to skillet along with 4 cups of water.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Add rice and lentils to skillet. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Add additional water 1/2 cup at a time if mixture becomes too dry.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with a simple green salad or a side of steamed spinach!
- White Wine
- Red Wine