Two Lentil Dal with Spinach and Basmati Rice (GF)
This Indian-inspired dish is full of flavor and nutrition. Onions, spinach, garlic, ginger and an array of spices turn everyday lentils into a taste sensation! Serve over basmati rice (included).
- Basmati Rice
- Brown Lentils
- Garlic Powder
- Red Lentils
- Vegetable Base
- Defrost 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Bring 1.5 cups water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add rice to water and return to boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until water is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat one teaspoon oil of choice in a soup pot over medium/high heat. Add onion/spinach mixture and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in spice mixture (small cup) and cook 30 seconds.
- Add lentils and 3 cups water to the pot. Bring to a boil and cover. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until lentils are tender, about 40 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent sticking. Add water if a thinner dish is desired. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve dal over hot rice.
- White Wine
- Red Wine