Vegetable Etouffee (GF)
Get ready to let the good times roll! This Cajun classic features the famous vegetable trinity of onion, celery, and bell pepper. Toss in kidney beans, crushed tomatoes, and spices for an easy weeknight dinner. Serve over brown rice (included).
- Bay Leaf
- Brown Rice
- Filet Powder
- Green Peppers
- Kidney Beans
- Vegetable Base
- Defrost 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add rice to water and return to boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until water is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon oil of choice in a skillet over med/high heat. Add the onion/pepper mixture to skillet and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour 2 cups water into the bag with the beans and tomatoes. Shake to combine. Add this to the skillet with the veggies and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until dish is reduced to desired consistency. Serve over hot rice.
- Red Wine