The Information We Collect:
We collect informatoin you provide directly to us. For example when you create a My Veggie Chef account, sign up for a subscription, or participate in any interactive feature of the Sites, or subscribe to a newsletter or email list, participate in a survey, contest, promotion, event, or order or purchase meals or other products made available through the Sites (collectively, the "Products"), apply for a job, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
The Types of information we may collect from you include:
- Account Information**, such as your name, email address, password, postal address, phone number, delivery, and dietary preferences, loyalty program preferences, and any other information you choose to provide that would help us provide and tailor a better experience for you as our customer.
- Transaction Information**, such as information about the Products you purchase, shipping and delivery information and information related to returns, refunds, and cancellations. We may also collect and store limited payment information from you, such as payment card type and expiration date and the last four digits of your payment card number; however, we do not collect or store full payment card numbers and all transactions are processed by our third party payment processor.
- Information about others**, such as the names and email addresses of gift recipients when you purchase gifts through the Sites or invite friends or family to try the Sites or Products.
- Other information you choose to provide**, such as when you participate in a survey, contest, promotion, or interactive area of the Sites or when you request technical or customer support. For example, this would be items like hobbies, demographics (e.g. gender), personal interests, testimonials you provide, or technical issues you had with the Sites.
Information We Collect Automatically:
When you access our Sites, the types of information we may automatically collect about you include:
- Log Information:** When you visit the Sties, our servers automatically record certain log file information, such as your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, operating system, browser type and language, referring URLs and exit pages, access times, pages viewed, links clicked, devices used, screen resolution, and other information about your activities on the Sites.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies:** We and our service providers use various tracking technologies including cookies and web beacons to track your use of our Sites and Services.
- Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us improve the Sites and your experience. Some examples of their usage are to see which areas and features of the Sites are popular, count number of visits, estimate audience size, speed up your searches, and store your preferences thereby allowing us to customize our Sites according to your individual interests.
- Specific cookies called session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow are systems to uniquely identify you during a session to help us process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity after you have logged in and as you move through our site.
- Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. Please consult your Internet browser's documentation for information on how to do this. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, certain areas of the Sites and some of the Services may not function properly.
- Web beacons are invisible electronic images that are embedded in webpages and emails. These help us understand campaign effectiveness, manage content, help us compile statistics about usage of our Sites, allow us to learn which advertisement brings a user to the Sites, and helps us track our email response rates and usage.
Information We Collect from Third Parities:
We may collect informatin about you from third parties. For example, we may collect information about you from social networking platforms, such as your user name and when you post content to our pages or feeds on these third party social media sites, or if you use credentials from a third party site to create or log into your My Veggie Chef account. These third parties (such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram) also collect your data and you may wish to visit their privacy policies as well.
How We Use Your Information:
We may use the information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Sites, Services, and Products;
- Process transactions.
- Manage your account and send you related information, including confirmations, updates, technical notices, alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- General communication with you, respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service
- Specific communications with you about Sites, Products, recipes, Services, and offers
- Administer surveys, events, contests, and sweepstakes and process rewards
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Sites
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of My Veggie Chef and others
- Personalize and improve the Sites and provide advertisements, tailor content and features to match your profile or interests
- Solicit your feedback about our Sites, Products, and Services
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with a better experience
- Comply with legal or regulatory obligations or cooperate with a law enforcement or other governmental investigation.
How We Share Your Information:
- In an ongoing effort to better understand users and our Services, we might analyze the information we collect about you in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Services, and to develop additional products or services.
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf such as delivery and shipping facilitators, marketing assistance, information technology support, and customer service.
- For promotional or marketing purposes. For example, we may share some of your information with our third-party promotional and marketing partners in order to administer our contests, promotions, and sweepstakes.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any business, other change of control transaction or financing.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose your information when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing the such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of My Veggie Chef or others.
- We may disclose aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified information (which cannot reasonably be used to identify you) for marketing, advertising, research and analysis, product development, creation of prospective business partnerships, or similar purposes.
- Between and among My Veggie Chef and any current or future parent, subsidiary and/or affiliated company, and with your consent or at your direction.
We take reasonable steps to help protect your information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no security measures can guarantee 100% security. For example, we cannot guarantee tha tthe information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the internet. You should take steps to protect against unauhtorized access to your password, phone, and compute rby, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not resposible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on yoru account via unauhtorized password activity. Please note email sent to or from the Sites may not be seucre, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Emails sent through the Internet may be viewed, altered, or copied by potentially anyone on the Internet. We are not responsible for the security of confidentiality of email communications you send to us.
Our Services are not targeted to or designed for children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 through the Services. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to us, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our database.
Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communications Preferences
If you are a registered user of our Services, you may access, review, and make changes to certain information by logging into your account and following the instructions found on the Sites. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing communications by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link located on the bottom of any My Veggie Chef marketing email. Subscribers cannot opt out of receiving administrative or transactional emails related to their account or use of our Services. We use commercially reasonable efforts to proceess your requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.